2018 FIDIC Annual Regional Infrastructure Conference in Tbilisi
The event theme was "USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB IN THE RIGHT WAY - USE FIDIC CONTRACTS!". The conference lined up more than 30 invited speakers including FIDIC Authors and Reviewers, International and Regional Construction Experts who debated the most important changes in the FIDIC 2017 Suite of Contracts with a comparison of the new contracts to the 1999 Suite. Moreover, the 2-day agenda proposed a range of other important topics such as:
- The newly introduced Dispute Avoidance / Adjudication Board (DAAB) and effective dispute resolution;
- Best Practices in Project Administration;
- Case studies from the region;
- Variation clauses under EU Directives and MDB rules;
- Understanding how the [1999 and 2017] FIDIC Contracts deal with time;
- Payments - good management and parties’ satisfaction;
- Project Procurement between EU Directives and Multilateral Development Banks;
- Best Practices in adapting the FIDIC forms of contracts and agreements to national requirements in the Central Eastern European and Eurasia region.
The conference was opened by the Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia, Mr. Zurab Alavidze, FIDIC Execute Committee Member, Mr. Gavin English, FIDIC Managing Director, Mr. Enrico Vink, EFCA President, Mr. Kevin Rudden and ACEG President, Ms. Daduna Kokhreidze.
The event attracted more than 100 delegates, speakers and sponsors not only from Georgia but also from UK, Switzerland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine, Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan, Italia, Croatia, Serbia, Poland, Slovakia, Estonia, Jordan and United Emirates and provided great social interaction for the participants.